Sunday, May 9, 2010

Florida Trip with Grandma and Grandpa/Eating Avocado/Mothers Day and Jonathans Birthday

We were able to meet my parents down in Florida for two weekends, we stayed right on the beach and had a great time with Gage and having them be around him for the second time in his life (the first was in the hospital when he was born). We had such a great time, it was a very pleasant get away. Gage will be 6 months on Tuesday. It is amazing how fast time goes. I thought I would never get through the no sleep phase, but somehow we have made it. Gage sleeps 12 hours straight every night now and is such a joy to be around. He has changed our lives forever and we would never want to go back to our old lives after experiencing so much joy. Gage is getting his two bottom teeth, we are waiting for them to pop through any day, they will be his first teeth. He is starting to think about crawling, he gets frustrated on his tummy when he cannot reach his toys, hopefully we have a while before that happens because we hear that it becomes a whole new ball game at that point. We also have started Gage on solids now. We tried rice cereal first and he just loved, loved, loved it, then we gave him oatmeal and did just fine with that as well, but then we tried the avocado and that did not go over so well. We have pulled back on that and will try banana next then probably sweet potato. Everything is going great and we just look forward to the next day to see what it has to bring
us and to see how Gage reacts to the world and his surroundings.

Yes the Florida trip was great.  I did miss Kim and Gage while they stayed during the week.  But it was such a great opportunity for Kim to be with her parents and for Brad and Raeone to be with Gage.  It was fun watching Kim's parents with Gage.  I do appreciate what a wonderful Mom and Wife Kim is.  She is such a great person and I am so lucky to be married to her and I cannot wait for each new day with Kim and Gage.  We also had mom out for a week and it has been wonderful seeing her and watching her with Gage.  She is such a great mom and Grandma.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother.  Thinking that Gage will be 6 months old in the next week makes me realize how fast it goes.  I love him so much.  Sometimes I just see him or watch him laugh and I tear up because I am overcome with Love and Joy.  Nothing but good times.

"Look I found my toes, can I put them in the water yet?"

Mom and Gage at the beach, standing on our condo patio, what an awesome place we stayed at, thanks for the wonderful view and vacation to Grandma and Grandpa.

Dad and Gage at New Symrna Beach

Grandpa Steuart and Gage, hanging out by the pool

Florida trip with Grandma and Grandpa Steuart

Such a Happy Baby!!!!

First taste of avocado (first real flavor, besides rice and oatmeal), you can see how well it it went.

Birthday Cake at Jonathans work




This year Mothers Day and Jonathans Birthday both fell on the same day
So we celebrated each other and it was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he's so animated!!! And i just noticed that his hair is getting long!!! Getting close to his first hair cut? What great pics of all of you, and ESPECIALLY Gage; I barely recognize him he's getting soooo old :)

    ReplyDelete